mTooth plays music written in the text format needed by
bards in the
game. It can also transcribe MIDI 0 files to that format, and it can
partially convert MIDI 1 files. mTooth
is particularly useful with a program that can export to MIDI, such as
the shareware Melody Assistant
from Myriad Software.
mTooth is karmaware, by Baraboo. It runs in OS X only. Starting with version 1.2, it's a
Universal Binary that will run natively on either PPC or Intel Macs.
Download the latest version of mTooth (1.2.1, 10 Feb 2008 -- now a universal binary)
- Plays Clan Lord-format music, including duets and trios
- Exports to Clan Lord macros and sheet music
- MIDI import:
- Quantizes notes to the nearest sixteenth note
- Slows tempo when possible to accommodate notes longer than half notes
- Adjusts note lengths when possible to keep tempo in allowed range
- Interprets triplets and adjusts tempo to support them
- Scales volume to peak at 10 (Clan Lord's notation for 100%)
- Saves as commented text, or formatted for Clan Lord macros and sheet music
- Includes measure markers, key and time signatures, lyrics, and other comments
- Combines MIDI channels, splits them, or ignores all but one channel
Read the mTooth User's Guide (also found in the mTooth Help menu)
Read 'Boo's Clan Lord music notation guide
Maybe you also want to read Baraboo's Guide to Writing Songs that Don't Suck?